Pastor Duane and Pastor Ryan filmed a Resolved Church status update video to let you know about some of the things going on in our church right now and how you can pray for and partner with us.
- Lots of new people! We’ve had over 50 first-time response cards the last 3 months!
- Community Groups are launching the second week of September! This is hands down THE best place to get to know people and grow with them!
- Our six-week Theology 101 class to learn about the church and potential membership begins on September 15th at 12pm directly following the worship service.
- Leadership Development kicks off on Sunday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm facilitated by Pastor Duane Smets. Learn how to lead and help others within your own style and gifting.
- R | Youth Group is going on a two night retreat September 6-8 and then beginning the September 11th will meet on Wednesday nights from 6-8pm.
- We met and exceeded our budget the first four months of the year! However, the summer months have been hard on us, which is typical each year for churches. We missed budget in May, June, and July and are currently $9,500 away from our operating expenses for August.
- Due to being one of the most transient cities in the country, San Diego churches have annual 25% average attrition rate, which typically happens in the summer. We’re looking for 10-15 new people to partner with us financially.
- Our playground is falling apart. We have 50-75 kids each Sunday, many of who love to use our play area. Playgrounds typically run from $400-$1000 dollars.
- R | Youth Group has an old ping pong and foosball table that is falling apart. They’d like to get an air hockey table to replace them with. Good air hockey tables typically run around $1000 dollars.
- Rain from the last five years has discolored our signs to the point that we can no longer repair them and are needed to be upgraded to weatherproof materials which will cost around $3,000 dollars.
God is at work in our church and we want to leverage what He provides for us to minister the best we can to the people He sends us.
Thank you for whatever God might put on your heart to do, even if it’s just to pray for us and that God would provide what we need to keep ministering to souls in our city.