Frequently Asked Questions
What is your ministry called?
R | Hospitality
What is the purpose, goal, or mission statement for your ministry?
Our ministry exists to assist the church body & welcome new arrivals to our church. If you have an open & willing heart to serve your brothers & sisters in Christ than this is the ministry for you.
What are the specific duties of your ministry?
- Setup the communion stations before service.
- Set up the coffee, hot water for tea, and accompanying sides at the tables outside.
- Purchase & bring the communion bread for that week (all other supplies are available at the church).
- When the weather is good we put out the Resolved parking/directional signs out on the surrounding street corners (weather permitting).
- We also try to be the first to welcome everyone at the door as the church body begins to arrive to the service. We want to especially greet & welcome new people coming to the church for the first time and assist with any questions they may have. A lot of times our volunteers are serving/doubling up in other ministries so sometimes we don't always have a greeter at the door.
- At the end of service, we bring the signs back in, pack-up and put away the coffee/tea, and the communion stations. We also make a last sweep of the church to pick up/throw away any trash or empty cups left behind.
What is the time commitment for your ministry? (As in how many Sundays per month would someone serve, do people need to come early or stay late on Sundays, are there duties to be done during the week, etc.)
- The "Hospitality Ministry" volunteers only need to serve 1 Sunday a month.
- We come in about an hour prior to the service & stay about 30 minutes after to clean up.
- We serve in teams of 2 for now but could always use more help.
Is any certain experience necessary for your ministry or will you train people?
No experience required, as we will train anyone willing to serve!